Advertising has evolved. No longer is it restricted to print publications, static billboards, radio, and television. Modern technologies have opened the door to a whole new era of advertising–digital advertising. Digital advertising allows marketers and advertisers to reach and appeal to their core audiences in new ways and with more precision.
The challenge of meeting the modern buyer’s expectation of a continuous, cross-channel, and personal experience is met with new ad technology and innovations that continue to advance at break-neck speeds. New ad technology platforms, types of ads, methods of tracking, dynamic ad content, and advances such as the Internet of Things now provide endless opportunities for marketers and advertisers to engage their customers personally and across channels.
Types of Digital Advertising
To list them all would take forever, but here are some of the main ways that advertisers are getting to consumers with an online buy:
- Banners ads (These include skyscrapers, full banners, squares, and buttons.)
- Adsense (These are the ads served to consumers via Google, by showing ads relevant to the information on any page.)
- Email advertising (and SPAM)
- Facebook Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Sponsored Tweets
- Rich Media Ads
- Pre-video ads
Why do I need online advertising?
- Online advertising is fast, flexible, and trackable.
- Drive traffic to your website & increase conversions.
- Increase brand awareness, credibility & trust.
- Promote to your specific target markets.
- Reach the Hard-to-Reach Millennials
- Re-engage previous prospects with re-targeting ads.
- Meet your prospects where they are.
- Lower your marketing costs.
- Your competitors are doing it.
There’s no doubt that online advertising is a cost-effective, efficient and convenient method for promoting your business in that it helps increase brand recognition, gain prospects’ trust, and target exactly who you want to work with.
Convinced? Get started on a marketing plan to advertise your business online. Get in touch with Rua!